There is nothing worse than waking up on Monday morning feeling overwhelmed and stressed. Set yourself up for a productive & organised week by getting ready & prepared on a Sunday.
Here are the 5 small things that I recommend you do on a Sunday!
1. Check your diary & prepare for the week (10-15 Minutes)
Preparation is key to getting your mind in the right head space to tackle the week ahead. Set aside 10 minutes to sit down with your diary & look over your schedule for the week.
- What nights will you not be home for dinner?
- What days do you need to pack your gym gear?
- Do you have any pre-work coffees & need to set an earlier alarm on that day?
- Are there any important meetings booked that you need to plan a #girlboss outfit for?
Once you're feeling confident with your schedule for the week - take the time to write a big to-do list for your Monday (follow my guide on to-do list writing here) and set any alarms or reminders you need to on your phone.
2. Plan your meals for the week (10-15 Minutes)
Monday to Friday is usually a fast-paced hectic time for most. Make your life a little bit easier by planning your meals for the week.
If you don't have time on your side, order your groceries online & make dinner options that can also be used as lunches! Eg. Soups are a delicious, easy & low cost option for winter.
I have taken this task one step further by ordering HelloFresh (for over a year now - not sponsored!) which is delivered to my apartment every Sunday with x5 amazing meals. I simply pick a recipe card every night & follow the thorough steps! I'm obsessed
3. De-Clutter (10-15 Minutes)
It's very common & easy to accumulate an assortment of clutter & mess during the working week & weekend. Spend 10 minutes on a Sunday evening doing a quick clean up so your apartment, wardrobe, and handbag feels organised & de-cluttered. Clean space = a clear mind.
- Hang up any loose clothing & organise your wardrobe
- Re-organise your bathroom cabinet faves in order of what you use first to last in the morning
- Empty your handbag & get rid of any unneeded things e.g loose paper, makeup, extra sunglasses. And add in anything that's missing eg. house keys or an umbrella.
- Put away your laundry
- Clean up any mess in your home
4. Prep Your Outfits (10 Minutes)
It may sound silly but planning your outfits on a Sunday will save you a lot of stress & time. I always check the weather for the week ahead and roughly plan my looks around the temperature, meetings, events etc so that I feel comfortable and confident. It makes your morning routine a lot faster!
It's also a good idea to do your laundry during the weekend ready for the week ahead as well.
5. Relax (30 Minutes)
It's important to have some R&R time on a Sunday before you head into the working week again. Do something that makes you feel happy & calm. And... also make sure you go to bed early on a Sunday so you feel refreshed and ready to go when that Monday morning alarm goes off.
I hope this helps!! Have a good week x