DEAR DIARY / Holly Titheridge from Base Colour
DEAR DIARY / Julia Ashwood of The Vista
DEAR DIARY / Jordan Turner in Paris
The travel hacks that will help you get organised for your next hol...
Escaping Winter and Travelling Overseas? Organise your trip with ou...
Five tips for properly budgeting your next holiday
A guide to packing like a pro
What To Pack For A French Alps Escape
On Tuesday, Jason & I are being whisked away by AirFrance & Club Med to experience six days of snow filled adventures in the French Alps!!!
Being me, I have been planning everything I need to pack for the last 2 weeks (or possibly 3)! Today I finally brought the last few pieces I needed and have successfully packed just x1 suitcase & x1 hand luggage bag. Trust me, this was no easy feat!
You would think that all I need is simply ski gear & a few casual pieces, however with an amazing itinerary provided, including skiing, yoga, spa pools, beautiful dinners, cocktail parties and much more - I have managed to pack for all weather & occasions. Below is a list of what to pack for a French Alps escape...
THE ABSOLUTE ESSENTIALS:
- Passport &/or Drivers License
- Travel Insurance - I would suggest getting cover for Winter Skiing too
- Itinerary - add all your flight details onto your phone so they are easy to access too.
- Emergency Numbers - Family, Travel Agent, Embassy
- Wallet & Credit / Eftpos Card
- Iphone & Charger (international adaptor as well)
TRAVEL NO BRAINERS:
- Grown Alchemist Travel Kit - this is an absolute favourite of mine when I travel. It consists of a mini shampoo, conditioner, hydra-repair day cream, lip balm, body cream, facial cleaner & body cleanser - the best!
- An Organised Life Notebook & Pen - perfect for keeping a travel journal of your favourite memories, cafes, hotels etc
- Mecca Cosmetica SPF 50+ Face Cream
- Laptop & Charger
- Eye Mask & Ear Plugs
- Mon Purse Monogrammed Travel & Passport Holder
- CK2 Perfume
- An Organised Life Watch
TIP: Always pack in outfits - and just to be safe, always take a couple of extra tops. In terms of heavy coats - wear this on the plane & store it under or above your seat to save room in your suitcase.
- H Brand Fur Jacket
- Viktoria & Woods Coat & Knit
- UGG Boots - perfect for the snow
- Calvin Klein Tee
- Neuw Denim Jeans
- Superga Sneakers - for plane & travel only not snow!
- Jasmine & Will Bespoke Sleepwear - I can't get enough of monogrammed pieces!
- Alexander Wang Leather Boots
- Ray Ban Sunnies
DRESS IT UP
TIP: To avoid creases in your favourite dress or pant, always roll your delicates & more dressy items.
- Bec & Bridge Dress
- Theron Knit
- Holly Ryan Earrings
- Bec & Bridge Flares
- Sol Sana Boots
- Daniel Avakian Blazer
- Classic Black Heels
SKIING & SPORTS:
TIP: Layering is key. Check the long range weather forecast as well so that you are prepared for all conditions.
- Uniqlo Cashmere Knits
- Uniqlo Light Weight Vest & Jackets - Black & White - these fold down into tiny little bags and are perfect for travelling with not to mention super warm
- I Love Mr Mittens Scarf & Beanie
- Ski Jacket & Pants
- Nike Yoga Pants & Singlet
- Uniqlo Wool Soaks & Cashmere Scarf
- Ski Gloves & Goggles