Our Favourite Journaling Technique You Can Do In Two Minutes
Whether you’re short on time or just short on energy, this journaling technique can be done in two minutes and you’ll still reap the positive benefits. We recommend doing this journaling technique first thing in the morning or before you go to bed at night.
This will allow you to focus on the present day and bring positivity not only to your experiences but to your sense of self, helping to ground your thoughts and effectively process emotions.
First write x3 things you are grateful for, these can be done in dot point format or if you have more time you can write for as long, and as in depth, as your heart desires. Practicing gratitude daily can help reduce stress, improve sleep, bring awareness and of course increase positive thoughts.
Draw a line then write x3 affirmations for yourself. Just like goal setting, when you write or read your daily affirmations it stimulates the part of the brain involved in verbal and visual memory, reasoning and problem solving; you are 42% more likely to achieve something if you’ve written it down!
Go inside the AOL teams’ notebook to see what this journaling technique looks like...
Some affirmations we love
- I choose peace.
- I’ll surround myself with positive people who bring out the best in me.
- I approve of myself and love myself deeply.
- My ability to conquer my challenges is limitless; my potential to succeed is infinite.
- I give myself space to grow and learn.
- I allow myself to be who I am without judgement.
- I accept my emotions and let them serve their purpose.
- I am limitless and anything is possible.
- A beautiful day begins with a beautiful mindset.
- I am thankful for everything that I have.
Need a new journal? Our Gratitude Notebooks are perfect for this journaling exercise, or our limited edition Bobby Clark collaboration for a journal that’s a little bit special.