Inside The Wedding Planner Of Jules Lomas
Our Inside The Wedding Planner series features newlyweds that had planned their special day with our An Organised Life x Together Journal Wedding Planner. We take a look inside the Wedding Planner of Jules Lomas. We chatted to Jules about her favourite moment from the day, her must have, what she was glad she invested in & what she could have saved on.
Date of Wedding:
14 November, 2020
Eichardt’s, Queenstown, New Zealand
Favourite memory from the day:It sounds cliche but there are too many to name just one. Highlights were the first look which took place at Jack’s Point with the Remarkables in the backdrop. Walking down the aisle and seeing Jeremy, feeling so overwhelmed with emotion that this was (finally, after a few canceled weddings) the moment I got to marry my best friend. Speeches, especially the ones said on behalf of my Dad and Jeremy’s brother who couldn’t be there on the day due to border restrictions.
The moments when Jeremy and I, and my bridesmaids and I, whisked off upstairs to our room at Eichardt's and enjoyed a glass of bubbles together. To name a few…
Black or Ecru Wedding Planner:
x3 favourite pages or sections of the Wedding Planner:
- Wedding budget
- Checklist- such great prompts as there are so many elements to remember!
- Research and planning section where you could note all of your vendor details
What were you glad you invested in:
- Holly Burgess, our photographer, who captured the day so perfectly aligned with my vision.
- My wedding dresses, made by Wynn Hamlyn and Harris Tapper. I'm so glad I invested in a second dress. The outfit change into a party dress for the first dance really set the tone for the evening ahead of endless bubbles, dancing and laughs.
- My custom made Jasmin Sparrow accessories and Bottega Veneta shoes. Both are timeless, classic pieces that I still wear today.
- The florals by Amy of Little Botanica. The styling of the reception was inspired by the Copenhagen restaurant where we were originally getting married. The beautiful arrangements of Amarnathus and citrus tied everything together, finishing that vision.
Something you could have saved on:
Other than an extra pair of shoes that were never worn, I was sure of every investment we made. The day after and honeymoon we probably could have saved a bit more on but then again, you only do it once!
Must have: (this can be anything that made your day special/memorable/fun):
I loved staying on site at Eichardt’s. It meant we had a private room to step away to when we wanted a moment to reflect and breathe. It’s a full on day that flies by and those moments of quiet together with my best friends and Jeremy are some of my favourite memories. If it’s possible, consider finding a private place you can step away to or accommodation on site.