2022, It's Nice To Meet You With Clare van den Berg from Daphnes Taverna
Meet Clare van den Berg, the interior designer, mother of two & co-owner of the one & only Daphnes Taverna in Ponsonby, Auckland.
For our 2022, It's Nice To Meet You Series, we sat down with Clare to chat about the year that was, what she's looking forward to meeting in 2022, her top organisation tips & her favourite feature in her new 2022 diary.
Clare van den Berg
Hospitality Owner, Co-Owner Daphnes Taverna - Greek Taverna on Ponsonby Road, with my Husband Joost van den Berg
Interior Designer - curating spaces for Hospitality, Commercial & Residential
A very proud Mum to our two children- Harvey Rush & Marni Rae
Traditional Place Name:
Aotearoa, New Zealand
What are you most looking forward to ‘meeting’ in 2022?
To find some type of ‘normality’ and schedule again would be so satisfying. To find momentum as I am such a list maker & I thrive on organisation which brings me clarity & structure.
I would love to work on an interior project for a boutique spa idea or a boutique hotel - that is our long term dream. Bucket List - I wanted to head to India for my 40th, Covid has changed a lot of these travel plans though. We love to travel and that is where we find inspiration for on-going future projects, I am always scrapbooking imagery and ideas.
Reflecting back on 2021, what is something you have learnt that you will take through to 2022?
To have patience... however to still dream big.
To reflect and enjoy all of the small moments in life and to remember what is important.
What is one personal, professional or financial goal you will be tracking in your 2022 diary?
Family time with our family in Europe who we miss terribly. My in-laws live in The Netherlands & France and to be able to see them next year is very important. Covid has made that incredibly hard & we would also love for them to meet our daughter, Marni Rae, born 2020. Family is so important.
How many years have you been using an An Organised Life Diary?
A few years now. Such a treat when it arrives, I usually get the black but love my new Beige diary and for 2022 I have gone with the larger A4 Daily Planner. I can’t wait to use it.
What 2022 diary did you pick & why did you choose that style?
A4 Daily Planner. I love the size of it, more of a desktop diary. It gives me a good overview of each day which is good as I am such a list writer. With juggling different roles in my life, it really does help being able to see it all on one page, per day.
Talk us through that feeling when you first unboxed your new AOL 2022 Diary? What did you notice?
I love the luxury packaging and the special box it comes in. When you open it, that special hand written note means so much - such a lovely touch. Already your journey with your diary has begun. The feel of the vegan leather is luxurious and the monogram personalises the diary perfectly.
What is your favourite feature in your 2022 diary & how will it help you stay organised?
Tips on how to organise my diary - It’s short hand for organisation! Love it.
What are the top 3 ways you organise your life?
- Writing daily lists the night before and being as organised as I can the night before.
- The less I have to do the next morning the more it makes me focus on the day
- Having focus and clarity- this is through balance- Meditation & Yoga and alone moments to reflect & to just ‘be’
What are 3 things in your wellbeing toolkit?
- A gorgeous room spray is key. I spray the house in the morning and our pillows before bed.
- I have a Lavender roller that is always in my handbag that I put on my wrist throughout the day - it keeps me calm and at peace.
- Lighting a candle at night to relax and switch off from the day.
- Meditation before bed & cups of tea, currently one by Mayde Tea - it’s a ritual my Husband and I have always had together every night ever since we met 14 years ago in Amsterdam.
What are your current desk essentials?
- Of course my An Organised Life Diary
- A candle - Astier De Villatte (a favourite)
- Incense - currently I have from Ornament & Tessuti
- A Pink Quartz Crystal - clears negativity and helps with eye fatigue and headaches while on the computer. Pink stones also bring more love & kindness into your life- we all need more of this right now
- A sharp pencil and a good pen
Top Work From Home organisation hack?
Find a space that is your space to work from and keep labelled, filed folders. I keep all in a carry box so that the ‘office’ can be moved around as needed
Get ready for 2022. Start HERE by exploring our 2022 Collection & shop Clare's favourite diary HERE or via one our amazing stockists HERE.